Many people require extra volume and tone control to hear clearly on the phone and while watching tv. Shown here are a few of the devices we recommend to assist a better phone and tv listening experience.
Clearsounds CSC600 Amplified Telephone - $175
- 50dB Adjustable handset amplification
- Free tech support for life of the product
- Ultraclear sound-clarifying technology
- Outgoing speech amplification (12dB)
- 5 One-touch speed dials and 1 large one-touch emergency dial button
Cordless Amplified Telephone
Clarity C4220 Amplified 5.8GHz Cordless Telephone - $190
- Digital Clarity Power technology with Multiband Compression, Noise Reduction and Acoustic Echo Cancellation
- Amplifies incoming sounds up to 50dB at 118 dBSPL
- Adjustable volume and four (4) tone settings for a customized listening experience
- Full-duplex speakerphone in handset
- Visual ringers in handset and base for incoming calls
- Large LED screen is easy to read
- Add up to three (3) expandable handsets
Wireless TV Listening
Sennheiser Set 860 wireless TV Listening System - $339
You can adjust your TV sound just the way you need it. You can choose between 3 different preset hearing profiles at the mere push of a button, optimizing speech or music to fit your hearing needs.
You can shift the left/right volume balance to improve sound for a “weaker” ear. You can even switch from stereo to mono to get the full audio content in each ear. A unique treat is the Speech Intelligibility function, which reduces TV background noise while enhancing speech. You will see how much more fun it is watching TV when you can follow dialog effortlessly.
- The under-the-chin headset applies no pressure to the head, adjusts automatically as you put it on, and does not interfere with glasses or your hairstyle.
- Advanced wireless technology ensures a stable connection to the docking station within the range of up to 70 m (200 ft).
- Up to 18 hours from a single charge
- The battery recharges automatically when you put the headset on the docking station.
- Setup is extremely fast and straightforward
- Buttons are few, large and clearly marked.
Custom Noise Plugs
Too often non-custom (e.g. foam) noise plugs are not properly inserted. This results in poor noise protection. Also, many find that non-custom solutions don’t fit comfortably. Custom noise plugs are designed for comfort and maximum effectiveness.
Custom Sleep plugs
These custom plugs are similar to custom noise plugs however, they are specially sculpted to ensure comfort when lying on your side.
Custom Musician Plugs
The issue with most noise plugs is that there is an unequal decrease of sound across the frequency spectrum. This leads to sound being softer but muffled. Musician plugs are filtered to achieve a flat or equal reduction of sound across the spectrum. This results in softer but also natural sound that is important when playing or listening to music.
Custom Swim Plugs
These custom plugs are designed with materials to best keep water out of the ear canal. Often these products are made to float.
© 2021 East Coast Hearing
East Coast Hearing Ltd. recognizes the importance of protecting our patients’ privacy. The federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) governs how we collect, use and disclose our patients’ personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, such as a person’s name, address or telephone number. It does not include the name, title, business address or business telephone number of an organization or employee of an organization.
What information do we collect?
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Public insurance coverage details
- Case history, auditory evaluations, recommendations, hearing aid specifications and chart notes
- Transaction history for hearing aid and related accessory purchases
When you correspond with us by email, we collect your email address as well as the message included in your email in order to respond to your specific inquiry. We will use this information to provide you with further details about our business over time.
We collect information only to:
- provide our patients with professional hearing health care services and products
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
- manage and develop our business and operations
Safeguarding your information
We use security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We will audit our procedures and security measures on a regular basis to ensure that they are appropriate and are being administered properly.
Sharing your information
We do not sell or rent our patients’ personal information. When necessary, we do disclose all or part of it to certain third parties (e.g. VAC and WCB NS) and hearing aid and accessory suppliers. We also disclose information when we are required by law or when it is necessary to facilitate the collection of overdue accounts.
Correcting and retaining your information
Please feel free to contact us at any time to update your personal information. We have retention standards that allow us to meet customer service, legal and regulatory needs. As a result, it may be necessary for us to keep some of your information on record even after the end of your relationship with us. When the information is no longer required, it is destroyed or anonymized.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at:
104-81 Peakview Way, Halifax, NS, B3M 0G2