East Coast Hearing (ECH) is dedicated to providing premium service to all our customers to enable them to hear better, and to live a fuller and healthier lifestyle. At ECH, our Compassionate Program is specifically dedicated to help adults with hearing loss who demonstrate an inability to financially provide for their hearing health needs.
For a cost of $300.00, qualified applicants will receive new hearing aid(s) that includes a 3 year warranty; a 3 year loss and damage warranty; and all clinic appointments and associated services for 3 years. If applicable, hearing aids do not include batteries.
Our eligibility requirements are designed to reach those who need our help the most. Therefore in order to apply for the ECH Compassionate Program, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Applicants must have a hearing loss that requires hearing aids;
- Applicants must be 21 years of age and not In school, college or university;
- Applicants must be full time residents of Nova Scotia;
- Applicants for a one person household income must have a gross annual income of $25,000 or less, or for a two or more person household have a yearly gross income of $40,000 or less;
- Applicants must verify that there are no other resources available to assist them in the purchase of hearing aids, including but not limited to the following:
- Community Service - Government of Nova Scotia;
- Private health insurance;
- First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB) non-insured health benefits;
- Workers compensation; and
- Veteran Affairs
HOW TO APPLY:
If you fit within the eligibility requirements listed above and if you are willing to provide personal, medical and income information, contact East Coast Hearing to make an appointment for our Compassionate Program. An audiologist will conduct an interview and assist you in completing an application form.