The price of a hearing aid has very little to do with how strong it is (power requirements/degree of hearing loss) or what it looks like (hearing aid style). The price of a hearing aid is almost exclusively dictated by the performance level.
"Good", "Better", and "Best"
At East Coast Hearing, we focus on three performance levels, which are defined as "Good", "Better", and "Best". When you invest more in your hearing, you are not paying for bells and whistles. As the hearing aid performance level improves, there are three primary benefits to the patient:
- Improved sound quality
- Improved background noise reduction
- Improved overall patient satisfaction
To help with this process, East Coast Hearing offers several different options in paying for your hearing aid(s).
The first option, is an outright purchase of your hearing aid. Pricing for each of the performance levels is found below:
$1995 – Each
$3990 - Pair
$2700 – Each
$5400 - Pair
$2995 – Each
$5990 - Pair
All hearing aids sold by East Coast Hearing come with the following:
- Three-year general warranty that covers hearing aid breakdowns, at no charge to the patient.
- Three-year loss and damage policy. Each hearing device can be replaced one time during the first, three years (if lost or seriously damaged). There is a $250 deductible associated with the loss and damage policy.
- Three-year supply of batteries for those products that use disposable batteries.
Hearing tests, hearing aid programming, hearing aid cleaning and servicing, and ear wax removal are all complimentary services for patients who purchase hearing aids from East Coast Hearing. These services remain complimentary as long as the patient keeps using their hearing aids. There is no limit to the number of appointments required.
ECH Leasing Plan
East Coast Hearing is excited to offer you our Hearing Aid Leasing Plan. This option provides patients with new hearing aids at affordable monthly payments, starting from $55 per hearing aid. Everything is included in this monthly fee so there are no unexpected costs.
Benefits of the East Coast Hearing leasing plan:
- 36 equal, monthly payments, with no interest charges, service charges, or down payments. Monthly payments range from $55 - $83 per hearing aid.
- New state-of-the-art hearing aids from most major hearing aid manufacturers (German, Swiss, and Danish).
- Hearing aid upgrades every three years to ensure you the best hearing experience possible.
- Everything is included in the monthly fee (hearing aids, hearing testing, hearing aid programming, adjustments, service, batteries (when appropriate), ear wax removal, etc.)
- Hearing aids are always under warranty.
- Worry free experience - within the first 60 days, if you are not completely satisfied, the leasing plan may be cancelled without penalty and you will be reimbursed.
- At the end of your contract, East Coast Hearing refurbishes and donates your hearing aids to those individuals in our community who are unable to afford hearing aids.
Pricing for the ECH Leasing Plan for each of the three performance levels can be found below:
$55/month – Each
$110/month - Pair
$75/month – Each
$150/month - Pair
$83/month – Each
$166/month - Pair
Many private insurance providers offer coverage for hearing aid purchase and/or hearing aid leasing plans.
Due to the wide range of coverages, and differences between plans, we recommend checking with your insurance provider regarding these specific details. If we are able to direct-bill for all, or a portion of your services, we will gladly facilitate this process. However, many insurance companies require that their plan members pay in full and submit the appropriate receipts and documentation (e.g., hearing aid prescription) for reimbursement.
We have a vast knowledge and expertise when working with patients who are applying to third party providers for hearing aid coverage such as: Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), Workers Compensation Board Nova Scotia (WCB) and the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services; Indigenous Health Services (NIHB). Our audiologists will gladly assist you with this process as they have years of experience dealing with 3rd party applications and claims.
Need help to pay for hearing aids (ECH Compassionate Program and Team Work Cooperative)
East Coast Hearing can recommend alternative solutions to individuals who may not have any coverage for hearing aids and are otherwise unable to access these solutions. We work with government-funded programs such as Team Work Cooperative and also offer our own initiative known as the East Coast Hearing Compassionate Program.
For more information on these programs you can click on the links below: